PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING IDEAS TO 560 PIXELS, LLC.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL IDEAS THAT YOU SUBMIT THROUGH OUR WEB FORMS.
References in these “Terms and Conditions” to “we”, “our” or “us” will be references to 560 Pixels, LLC, the limited liability company that produces the digital series Buffering. References to “you” will be references to The User, the person or computer accessing this site and using it to submit materials.
Any person who is 18-years-old or older can submit an idea. Participants from any country may submit an idea, where these terms and conditions are legally binding.
SUBMITTING AN IDEA
Agreement. By submitting any materials through our web form on this site, you acknowledge that you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Duration. Once an idea is submitted we can consider it in perpetuity, meaning that an idea cannot be withdrawn.
Submission. Only ideas submitted through the web form at the URL www.bufferingseries.com/submit-idea/ will be considered. Please do not submit via our contact page or through our social media profiles.
Notification. If your idea is selected, we will send you an acceptance letter via the email you submitted along with your idea.
Attribution. We will attribute the idea to you in form of a credit on our Camp Buffies page in the Extraordinary Buffies section.
Reward. In exchange for your idea we will mail you an Appreciation Pack. The contents of this pack are listed on each Idea Challenge’s page, and they are subject to change at our discretion. We will pay for the shipping of the reward, unless the cost of shipping exceeds $50.00 USD. The reward will be shipped within a 4-6 week period, not including shipping time, following the notification of acceptance. You will not receive any royalties.
You acknowledge 560 Pixels, LLC reserves the right to decline to select an idea for any reason, at our sole discretion, and that our decisions are final and binding.
We will not respond to requests for critiques about your idea. We will not notify you if your idea has been declined or supply our reason for making that decision.
You alone will be responsible for the payment of any tax that arises as a result of receiving any rewards, Appreciation Packs, from us, our subsidiaries, related companies, partners, or licensors.
We will not be responsible for any entry fees or taxes resulting from the shipment of an Appreciation Pack to countries outside the United States of America.
By submitting an idea, you grant us and our licensees, assignees and designees an irrevocable, assignable, transferable, fully sub-licensable (through multiple levels of sublicensees), perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive license, in their sole discretion, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, combine, adapt, publish, translate, rent, lease, sell, publicly perform, publicly display and create derivative works of your Submission (in whole or in part), and to use or incorporate all or any part of your idea submission into advertising, promotion, marketing, review, recommendations, research, analysis or other materials in any format or medium now known or later developed. You hereby waive any right to inspect such use and waive, release, and hold 560 Pixels, LLC and its affiliates, licensees, assignees and designees harmless against any and all claims based on privacy, publicity, defamation, misappropriation, intellectual property or similar claims for any use of your Submission.
If your idea is accepted, you may promote yourself as the creator of the idea for non-commercial purposes. If you would like to promote yourself as the creator of the idea for commercial purposes, please send a request via our contact form.
You warrant with effect from the date upon which you submit your idea that:
1. you are the sole owner of all intellectual property (IP) in and relating to your idea (or that you have procured all necessary licences, consents or other authority relating to such IP);
2. the submission and use on the Site of your Brief does not infringe any copyright, intellectual property rights, moral rights or any other rights of any other person;
3. by submitting your Brief or by entering into or exercising or granting any rights or performing any obligations under these Terms and Conditions, you are not acting in breach of any applicable law, contract or any other obligations of whatsoever nature to any third party;
4. you have the requisite legal capacity and competency (and, if acting on behalf of a company or entity which is not a natural person, the requisite authority) to enter into this agreement with us on these Terms and Conditions; and
5. you will not in any manner wilfully or negligently misuse the Site or the services provided by us for any reason whatsoever. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage), conditions and guarantees relating to the Site, our services and these Terms and Conditions whether express or implied by statute, law, custom or otherwise are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these Terms and Conditions. In the event that you are not a natural person, you undertake to provide us on request with satisfactory evidence (to be determined in our absolute discretion) that you are legally and duly constituted and/or registered and that any person acting on your behalf in accepting, and acting in accordance with, these Terms and Conditions is duly authorised to do so.
Nothing in this agreement shall be construed as constituting a relationship of agency between you and us.
Our failure to enforce any provision hereof shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it at a later time.
You may not assign your rights or delegate your duties under these Terms and Conditions without our prior written consent.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions (or part of a provision) is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.